Sat, Oct 07|
The DD Hero Walk
Dress as your favorite hero or super hero! Characters, face painting, bounce houses, food, games and more. FOR ALL AGES, ALL ABILITIES AND ALL HEROES!
Time & Location
Oct 07, 2023, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Curtiss Park, Saline, MI 48176, USA
About the event
Our community of people with developmental disabilities is not short on local heroes! Our heroes include businesses and individuals that inspire others and advocate for our underserved community. There are people who TAKE ACTION on behalf of those in our local developmental disability community! We would like to celebrate you!
Join us for a fun afternoon of music, games and fun at Curtiss Park in Saline for the 1st ANNUAL DD Hero Walk! Dress as your favorite hero or super hero! Chum up with a few characters, get your face painted, jump in bouce houses, eat a little popcorn, try your hand at making cotton candy, show off your dance moves and blow bubbles the size of your head! It's going to be a blast!!! (Bring tables if you want one, blankets and chairs! We would much rather the money donated go to the center rather than renting equipment!! :)~ )
The DD Hero Walk celebrates our community members (ALL ages ... ALL developmental disabilities) and those that support them. On site registration will start at 1:30 and the walk will start at 3:00 pm. The walk will end with good food, great music and wonderful community connections!
Business and community sponsors! This is your opportunity to get all the benefits of the monthly sponsorship at a discounted price!
Business Supporter C : $250.00
- Name on community supporters wall of fame for one year.
- Brochure, coupon or flyer in new family welcome packet.
- Flyer / Ad / Promotional Item in Swag Bags (provided by sponsor)
- Recognition on event page on both websites for one year
- Recognition on front page of website with link for one year
- Optional information table at community walk fundraiser.
- 2 entrance bands for walk.
Business Supporter B : $1000.00 (includes all of the above)
- Company logo / link on Work and Play Center website.
- Company logo on community supporters wall of fame.
- Social Media shout out with link.
- Name on back of walk shirts.
- 6 entrance bands for walk.
Business Supporter A : $2000.00 (includes all of the above)
- Large company logo / link on Work and Play Center website.
- Large company logo on community supporters wall of fame.
- Social Media shout out with link to company website.
- Logo on back of walk shirts.
- Logo on flyer for walk handed sent to thousands of homes within the community.
- 12 entrance bands for walk.
DIAMOND SUPPORTER : $4000.00 (includes all of the above)
- Extra Large company logo / link on Work and Play Center website.
- Extra Large company logo on community supporters wall of fame.
- Social Media VIDEO shout out with link to company website.
- Larger logo on back of walk shirts.
- Larger logo on flyer for walk handed sent to thousands of homes within the community.
- Logo banner at community walk fundraiser.
- 30 entrance bands for walk.
COMMUNITY SUPPORTER : $150.00
- Name on Work and Play Center website.
- Family name on community supporters wall of fame.
- Shout out on "community supporter" post via social media.
- 6 entrance bands for walk.
The Down Syndrome Head Start Program is a 501(c)3 company, EIN 82-0825182. All donations and sponsorships are fully tax deducttible. "In kind" donations are appreciated as well! We are looking for items for the silent auction and raffle baskets. Sponsorship deadline is September 15th. Please contact Misty at (734) 780-6795 or TEXT Tiffany at (734) 239-5855 if you need something picked up or have questions. You may also email us at info @ workandplaycenter.org (no spaces). Please write all checks out to Down Syndrome Head Start Program and mail to 8614 Meadowland Ct, Saline, Michigan 48176. THANK YOU to all of our community and business supporters. YOU ARE HEROES!
Business Supporter A$2,000.00
Business Supporter B$1,000.00
Business Supporter C$250.00